Position: Junior Project Manager
Department: Solmatix Renewables
Reporting to: Solmatix Contracts Manager
Status of post: Full-time permanent
Salary: Remuneration Package will be commensurate with responsibility and experience.
- Perform the duties of the person responsible for our contracts, in line with our goals and values.
- You will have a reputation for achieving a high degree of customer satisfaction and be commercially aware.
- Your personal values will match ours, integrity, innovation, care and attention to detail, enjoying being part of this industry serving and supporting staff and clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a leader you will be expected to promote best practice.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage, monitor and successfully deliver integrated M&E works for our customers.
- You will have responsibility for ensuring that all works are carried out to a high standard following our Quality and H&S procedures, ensuring that best practice is achieved.
- Maintain a good working relationship with our clients and ensure that all works are installed as planned and programmed, completed in a professional controlled manner.
- Provide technical support to customers and their design and construction teams.
- Manage the site labour ensuring rate of installation, safety, and quality of work, in compliance with all legal and statutory requirements.
- Prepare quotes for additional works when required.
- We expect you to be able to cope with unforeseen technical problems with confidence; support and assistance will be provided where necessary.
- You will work closely with our accounts team to monitor costs and ensure that invoicing is carried accurately and on time, along with cost reconciliation.
- You will be expected to assist in the development of others in the department to improve their capability and help the team to grow at the same time.
- Your normal place of work will be based from 14 Glenwell Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT36 7RF and travel including to GB and Ireland. If necessary, you will be requested to work at any other branch office which the Company has already set up or may set
- Establish and help foster teamwork and relationships
- Care and attention must be given to each project, with a holistic approach to each assignment
- Care and attention to the customer, both internal and external “customers”
- Care and attention to the QA and H & S processes
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to each project
- Good personal organisation, honesty, communication, ownership, reliability are essential and expected management qualities.
Attainments and Attributes
To include, but not restricted to, the following:
- Is a self-starter.
- Is positive in all dealings with the Directors, the management team and staff.
- Sees our customers as key stakeholders and provides a level of support that ensure a genuine “partnership” with these customers
- Has a “can-do” approach to work and a willingness to learn, assist and mentor
- Able to support the company to achieve its strategic objectives through the company’s values, individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
- Inspires, develops, mentors and manages the members of his/her team.
- Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
- Expressing ideas clearly in both verbal and written communication using structure, grammar, language and terminology appropriate to the characteristics and needs of all areas within the company.
- You will be able to demonstrate a sound technical knowledge, with an bias and excellent commercial awareness.
Innovation / Continuous Improvement
- Working closely with both the Managing Director and the senior management team to identify creative and effective solutions to work situations that will deal with organisational challenges and opportunities.
Planning work and organisation
- Being organised and structured in planning their approach to their own personal work assignments and that of the other members of their team.
- Setting high goals or standards of performance for themselves; Imposing standards of excellence on themselves rather than having standards imposed by others.
- Being dissatisfied with average performance; Leading their team to get beyond compliance into excellence.
- Time served or degree-based qualification.
- Experience in similar role, with a proven track record and experience in all aspects of site works
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to work to a plan to avoid disappointments.
- Demonstrate good inter-personal skills in order to create meaningful reciprocal relationships with both colleagues and customers.
- Commercially aware of costs and trends in the market place.
- Good knowledge of safety, health, environment and quality systems.
- Excellent leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Good IT skills (excel/word/outlook)
- Have an understanding of electrical systems
- Experience on AutoCAD
TO APPLY CLICK HERE.